This year the Eurasian Creative Guild (London) is celebrating its 5th anniversary, and also there will be the 5th volume of the Eurasian Literary Collection “Thread”! The Guild and Hertfordshire Press (UK) publishing house invite you to participate in the anniversary edition! Aims of the edition:
- to highlight through the artistic word the spirit of the Eurasian peoples, once united by one common cultural space – the countries of the former USSR;
- to support the succession of generations – there will be published works of recognized masters of the word and works of young authors all along;
- to render assistance to the cultural mutual enrichment of young writers, contribute to the formation of respect for the history and present of other countries.
Since 2018 there have been published works of more than 60 authors from 14 countries in the collection.
To take part in competition to get an opportunity of being published you need to submit your works until August, 1st, 2021 by sending them to the Guild’s administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are accepting works in the form of prose and only in Russian language.
Rules and conditions:
- the volume of works should not exceed 100 lines (approximately 500-800 words) *. It is also necessary to provide a photo and brief information about the author (not more than 100 words). Each author will be allocated from 1 to 4 pages * in the collection, depending on the sent works and the editor’s decision. It is allowed to place black and white illustrations (photographs) submitted at the initiative of the author, within the total volume of the author’s material in the collection;
- each author whose works will be published in the collection will receive 1 copy of the book by post;
- an administrative and technical fee of £95 must be paid. For authors participating in the project of previous years, there is a 10% discount (£85.5). For members of the Guild’s Expert Councils there is a 50% discount (£47.5);
- in addition to the main composition of the participants, in July-August 2021 Expert Council of the Eurasian Creative Guild (London) for Fiction in will select three works of authors-members of the Expert Council for free publication in the collection;
- membership in the Guild is required **.
The subject of the collection is traditional – general themes inherent in the creativity of the Eurasian peoples: love for their native land, nature and art, reverence for the memory of ancestors, philosophy of perception of the surrounding reality, history, traditions of the Eurasian peoples, military themes, memory of the great feat of the people.
The participation of young authors is especially welcome!
The collection will be presented at all major face-to-face and on-line events of the Eurasian Creative Guild in 2021, in October at the Fifth Eurasian Creative Week in London, at the X Open Eurasian Literary Festival & Book Forum in Canada.
* additional text / pages can be posted with an additional cost of £15 per page, with a total publication volume of a single author not exceeding 20 pages (7000 words).
** Only the Individual/Concession category membership gives the right to participate in this competition.