This 2023 year Eurasian Creative Guild (London) celebrates its 7th anniversary! For seven years we have been walking side by side, creating new projects – you participate in our competitions and win! Every year our Guild is growing, and we have truly become a big and friendly family. We appreciate and value everyone, we are proud of you and want to say thank you to everyone who has been with us on this long road for 7 years!
The Eurasian Creative Guild (London) and Hertfordshire Press (UK) invite you to take part in the seventh issue of the Eurasian literary collection “Thread”, dedicated to the seventh anniversary of the Guild!
The goals of our publication are:
- convey through the artistic word a single spirit of the peoples of Eurasia, once united by one common cultural space – the countries of the former USSR;
- support the continuity of generations – along with the works of recognized masters of the word, the works of young authors are published;
- to contribute to the cultural mutual enrichment of young writers, to build respect for history and the present of other countries.
For the last 6 years the collection has included works by more than sixty authors from fourteen countries.
To participate, please fill in the form, and our manager will get back to you. Submissions are open till August 1, 2023. Fiction works are accepted in the form of prose and only in Russian.
Conditions of acceptance of works:
- the volume of works shall not exceed 100 lines (approximately 500-800 words) *. It is also necessary to provide photos and brief information about the author (in the amount of no more than 100 words). Each author will be allocated in the collection from 1 to 4 pages *, depending on the submitted material and the decision of the editor. It is allowed to place black and white illustrations (photographs) presented at the author’s initiative within the total volume of the author’s material in the collection;
- an administrative and technical fee of £95 must be paid. For authors participating in the project of previous years, there is a discount on the contribution for participation in the amount of 10% (85.5 pounds). For members joined the Guild in 2015-2017 there is a 50% discount (£47.5);
- must be an active member of the Guild **;
- each author receives one author’s (free) copy of the collection, the cost of postal delivery of a copy of the collection to the author is paid by the author independently.
The themes of the works of the collection are traditional – common themes inherent in the work of Eurasian peoples: love for the native land, nature and art, veneration of the memory of ancestors, philosophy of perception of environmental reality, history, traditions of the peoples of Eurasia, military themes, memory of the great feat of the people.
The collection will be presented at the main face-to-face and on-line events of the Eurasian Creative Guild, including at the VI Eurasian Creative Week in October 2023 and 12th festival Open Eurasia.
* additional text/pages can be placed for an additional fee of £15 per page, with a total publication volume of one author not exceeding 20 pages (7,000 words).
* * discounts are not cumulative.
* * * the right to participate in this competition is given only by the Individual/preferential category (the “Contestant” category is not considered).
Send all questions about the collection to the email@example.com or on WhatsApp +7 922 739 12 31 (Anna Nikolaeva).